Welcome to SARANAC LAKE'S 10th ANNUAL FIRST NIGHT® Dec. 31, 2015
Saranac Lake is proud to have been a First Night® city for the past nine years! First Night began in Boston 40 years ago as a family-oriented, alcohol-free celebration of the arts to welcome in the New Year.
FIRST NIGHT HEADQUARTERS
December 31, 10 a.m. - Midnight. Harrietstown Town Hall, 39 Main St.
YOUR FIRST NIGHT® BUTTON IS YOUR ADMISSION TO ALL THE VENUES.
- Buttons can be purchased in advance for $12 at the following locations: Adirondack Daily Enterprise, Ampersound Music, Blue Line Sports, Coakley High Peaks Ace Hardware, Saranac Lake Chamber of Commerce, Lake Placid Price Chopper, and the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau.
- Buttons can be purchased on line prior to December 31 at https://tickets.roostadk.com/firstnight/
- On December 31st, the day of the event, buttons will be sold for $15 at First Night headquarters in the Harrietstown Town Hall and Ampersound, 52 Main Street.
- Teen Buttons (ages 13-19) will be sold ONLY at Headquarters, the day of the event, December 31, for $7.
- Children twelve and under are admitted free and will be given a special children's button at the venues.
AFTERNOON CHILDREN'S CRAFT ACTIVITY
The Adirondack Carousel will be open from 4 - 5:30 offering art activities for children, suggested ages 4 - 12 years old.
During this time, The Adirondack Carousel will offer rides at special rate of $1 for those who have purchased a First Night button.
- Please wear your button on your outer clothing for quick access to venues.
- Be flexible - there's plenty of entertainment to go around, but you may not be able to attend a specific performance if the venue is already full.
- Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis and all sites will be emptied before the next audience is admitted.
- As many performances take place in houses of worship, please afford proper respect.
WELCOME IN THE NEW YEAR
- Join in the countdown to midnight on River Street with Saranac Lake's unique ball drop courtesy of the Saranac Lake Fire Department.
- Fireworks begin at midnight on Lake Flower.
SUPPORT FIRST NIGHT® SARANAC LAKE THROUGH AMAZON SMILE
Want a great way to support First Night Saranac Lake without costing you a dime? Shop on line using Amazon Smile and pick First Night® Saranac Lake as the charity you wish to support. Amazon Smile gives .05% of every purchase to us!!! How awesome is that! Once you have picked First Night® on Amazon Smile be sure to bookmark it and use it all year long.
FIRST NIGHT® 2016 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
• The success of First Night® 2016 is dependent on the many volunteers who work throughout the year and especially those who volunteer during the evening of December 31 at one of the many venues.
• Sign up to be First Night® 2016 Volunteer!
For more information on volunteer opportunities, duties, and responsibilities, click here or email Cheri Fisher, Saranac Lake First Night® Volunteer Coordinator & Board Member firstname.lastname@example.org
FUNDING FIRST NIGHT: Admission button sales provide about half the funds needed to produce First Night. Support from sponsors, individuals, local businesses, and grants make up the rest. Your support makes it happen!